Thursday, July 2, 2009

This is why I love him Thursday and GLOW STICK DOTS

He is building our home. I went in for a peek this morning at the drywall being installed. I didn't want to get in their way because I think I would have been drywalled if I stayed!! They are doing a great job. And I was so excited to see WALLS not just boards. I can't wait until tomorrow when it will be completed.



He gave me a two wonderful children. The oldest did this to her bedroom wall last night.


LuLu broke LadyBug's DVD part of her TV. So LadyBug has been going to sleep in the living room so she can watch TV and 'not be lonely' I told her that she needed to sleep in her bed and gave her two of those glow in the dark sticks 'to keep her company'. And lovingly told her to go to sleep and I'd see her in the morning....

She ran upstairs and said ( in her quiet, as to not wake Daddy or Sister, voice -
' It was an accident!
There's light stick glow dots everywhere!
Come quick!'

Feeling a little frustrated, I went downstairs... the lights were still off except for the stair well light and I easily followed the 'glow dots' trail from the living room, to the kitchen, to her room, up the bed and on the wall...

I couldn't help but laugh. She was so worried that it might harm her in some mysterious way or that I might be angry--- how could I be... it was too funny??

I went to the kitchen to find something to clean up the mess and she was following me with a roll of paper towels, (the poor child was so worried, she was already prepared)
I had still not turned on the lights, because quite frankly I was enjoying our moment of laughing at all the 'glow dots'. I went to the kitchen and saw what looked like a glob of the stuff on the counter. Then I turned on the light and saw that it was a dish towel from her trying to solve the problem herself.... that explained the trail to the kitchen...

So I laughed again and turned off the lights... I picked up the glow stick where she apparently dropped it in a panic, before running upstairs..... I got the stuff on my thumb (and thought, cooool, I bet this is the crazy stuff that old witch put on those folks in that movie- Beast Master...)
We had a lot of fun and she slept soundly in her new glow in the dark room.

If it weren't for my wonderful hubby, I would not have had that experience!
She is a lot like him. ~ I'm just sayin'....;)

I can't wait until he gets home to share our story...

1 comment:

m@ndy said...

How exciting about the house!!
Cool glowing experience!!