Sunday, June 14, 2009

natural and bare not recycled or green

I have been encouraged to tap into my creativity by the LIFT worship summit classes and let me warn you now...... If you've no patience for elementary or rusty poetry...... you will not be held accountable if you leave now. That said, let me tell you that I've not 'written' in quite some time. But I opened my spirit to flow out as best as my mind could communicate my experience and lesson I learned this weekend. Please bare with me but I have to push away the enemy by not being fearful that I will receive judgement and know that the inevitable judgement of others can not and should not hold up or shut up my creativity. So in very basic, back to the beginning poetry I have laid out my heart. I am confident that this early piece will grow into more of what I was created for....

So, ahem, OK, ......... without further ado........ here goes:

Broken and down
brown suit and frown
head too heavy to wear this crown

wander through streets
wander through town
looking for peace
still unfound

to the end of the rainbow
to the break of the sun
ends are frayed
knots undone

eyelashes on cheeks
with mascara runs
feet bare
spirit shunned
pebbles turned stones
arteries moan
under flesh, blood, bone
and image shown

eyes can not see
ears can not hear
spirit rising
done with fear

pick up the cross
where lay a crown
much too heavy
put it back down

for broken for weak
for lost for found
one strong and certain
savior abounds

forgiven and loved
place now found
at the feet of the One
who wears the crown
~mary

1 comment:

Donna said...

You still got it, Good job!