Monday, February 23, 2009

the weekend

We had a great weekend! Bobby had to do some side work Saturday so sadly we had to do without him most of the day. But we went to Granny and Popaw's to visit and the wonderfulness of them amazes me!!! They OFFERED to go with me to the grocery store to 'entertain' the girls while I shopped!!! Of course I took them up on their offer..... I mean, seriously, I'd be crazy not to! Sunday Bobby spent the whole day with us. He took us all the way to Oxford for b'fast at IHOP, then we went to our property to check things out ( everything is just as we left it), then we went to Leeds to Milo's for lunch. Then we went to the Bass Pro Shop, amazing how that doesn't get old! Then to the Tractor Supply (also never boring) where the girls were quite happy to plop themselves into the floor and look at book- like they don't have their own libraries at home! Then we came back home and ordered Papa John's and watched the race. How much more can you ask of a man than spending the whole day doing and eating what you want! Call me easy, but I'd rather a day like that than all the chocolate and dimonds in the world!!
I have to register Alex for kindergarten tonight..... I mean really, does time HAVE to go this fast.?!

Thought for the day:

1 Corinthians 15:33
Do not be fooled: "Bad friends will ruin good habits."

No comments: