Tuesday, February 17, 2009

follow up and dress hunting

OK... follow up from yesterday.... after a 'show down' last night our family came to the realization that at some point we fell off the wagon. Thank God it was brought to our attention in a timely manner as to not drag out hard feelings!! Now after a few smart remarks here and there we are on the same page again!!! When all cards are drawn the fact remains that we all love each other deeply. Again, thank God.
Today we went shopping for Easter/spring picture dresses. Now this typically would not be such a hard task but my girls think it is fascinating to match for special occasions! Matching a 17 month old and a 5 year old is not an easy feat considering the older one is big for her age and the other is sort of small. In a funny sort of way it's like a line backer and a pixie..... I may be exaggerating a little but not by much. Any way when I finally did find the perfect ones I couldn't afford them. ARRGGG! That was frustrating! I still may go back -I don't know. Not that I care what other people think about their little dresses- I want them to feel special. I tell myself that your inner self is what makes you special and beautiful and that is absolutely with out a doubt the truth...but every little girl and big girl alike love to dress up special once in a while. But alas we are trying to build a home right now and at some point you have to decide expensive outfits or save, save, save. The little girl in me says go back and get those dresses. I probably will.

My thought for the day:
God rewards those who seek Him. Not those who seek doctrine or religion or systems or creeds. -Max Lucado (Just like Jesus)

No comments: