Thursday, June 4, 2009

Clawfoot and this is why I love him Thursday


This wonderful man just got off work and is working on my project. Every one who knows me will not be shocked by my openess about my anal tendencies to 'do it myself ' adn that in all reality..... even though my hands felt like they were falling off from using the grinder, I grudgingly let it go into his hands.... But between the thoughts of ' I could have done it myself ' I was really and truely thankful for him doing so much! He gave me a 'demonstration on proper grinder use' And for two days, came home after a long day at work and helped. Then took the feet to the machine shop and bead blasted them, oh ........ and he ran up to Home Depot to get a new paint roller --because the roller covers I picked up didn't fit the paint roller I had! LuLu was asleep and daylight was running out so he just took LadyBug with him and took care of it.




Here is the paint. I had it custom tinted to a dreamy light blue.




This was after wire brush grinding, three coats of paint stripper, wash down with acetone, another wash and scrub with muretic acid, hand held wire brushing, sanding of the bondo (some lune put on one side of the darn thing) and still more more grinding with the grinding wheel! Whew! That exhausted me all over again just typing it!!






TaDa! Only four days of WORK and one coat still to go on the outside when the rain and humidity clears for at least 5 hours.

By the way, I have to flip her over and refinish the inside still!! I also have a 1940's cast kitchen sink to do. That will have to wait for next week.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

What a difference! I love the tub!

m@ndy said...

Awe how beautiful!! You do have a great husband mary!! I love the tub, love it, love it, love it!!