Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Dad and wordful wednesday

To clarify from yesterday , it was my Dad who called. I think it is Melanoma. All he said was that it was the 'bad kind'.

The doctor was removing some sun cancers (he has been a hard working construction worker all his life) which I guess is a run of the mill type deal for outdoor workers?. But when he went in to get the stitches removed Monday the doctor kept apologising because she would never had opened it had she known.... anyway, I know this is going to sound very selfish because I am going to say I for a few minutes..... I am very frustrated that I can't be very supportive, we have always had our differences, or have much too much in common, and I was a heartache for him, more than not, growing up. And I don't know where to begin in letting him know I love him and will be there anyway that I can. His name is Daniel. Thank you for all the prayers I know you'll be sending out! He doesn't see the oncologist until the 22nd of this month. I'll keep you posted.


Ok


On a much lighter note:


Have any of you tried this?
I picked it up today and tried it. (not on my upper lip and chin because that would just be embarrassing):) I found that it did work quick and painless. Much faster than plucking and much less painful and easier than waxing. But right after I finished I started feeling a little sting like I had waxed with a little redness. I have to take antibiotics, use a sulfur wash and two different harsh creams to keep my acne down so the redness may very well be due to my skin already being maxed out. I just shaved last night so I haven't tried it anywhere else.
Oh and I need some help!! SOS!!
I found out that LadyBug's class will be having a end of the year pool party next Wed. what in the world can I do about my ghostly white legs before then??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope everything turns out okay for your dad...will be praying for him.

Emily has been wanting me to buy that shaving stuff for her legs but I told her it probably didn't work....maybe we will try it!!!